Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mixed feelings



Been back in the Netherlands again since recently. The “mixed feelings” cliché really sums up how I’m experiencing it. It’s good to return to “real life” since fieldwork existence is a bit up in the air despite being long-term, but I also miss many things about being in LA and the people who I had around me there. 

The bulk of my fieldwork is behind me now. Will be writing from here for the time being before returning to LA again. My return to LA is planned for the Summer of 2011. I have quite some stuff on my mind to put up here but have only now started to make the time to write it up (so lots coming up soon!). 


In the meantime I’m looking forward to seeing all the active, interesting, passionate, and friendly people again who were so generous with their time as to talk with me, and so open as to share their stories with a stranger from Holland/Australia/Iran. Some of these impressive people really made my stay in California especially memorable and I feel super lucky to have met them. I will surely stay in touch until I come back, because I think there's lots to stay in touch about, since the questions that I´d like to ask people back in LA are raised for me on a daily basis while looking back, listening to recordings, and going over notes. Just hoping that this online channel can be a(n incomplete and flawed) replacement for being there and talking with you guys in person.

No comments: